Pages

Friday, February 24, 2012

TGIF

                                  Whoo, what a week.  I won't bore you with all the details,
 let me just say it has been a rough week, year end audit, tax returns, aging parents,
too many different things, my head
was spinning.
All is better now, Friday night, wrestling is on the tv so I get
to retreat to my woman cave (sewing cave).

Let me share what I've worked on this week.

First I finished George and Linda's 25th anniversary quilt
they "fought" over which room it would reside in.
Good feeling when someone loves what you've made.

I made two blocks for two different block of the month clubs.
I think both turned out
great.







One of the mom that commissioned a t-shirt quilt at Christmas asked me to make two pillow shams.  I've never made pillow shams but what the heck.
Surely if I can make quilts I can make a pillow sham.  They were not hard
to make after I figured out the math.  I still have to sew the backs to the fronts.
Took a lot longer than I thought it would but turned out pretty cute.

Sorry I can't get the pictures lined up
the way I want.


That's my week.  Now to finish up those pillow shams...

linking up for Whoop Whoop Friday with Sarah
                                     http://confessionsofafabricaddict.blogspot.com
                            and  Susan at http://www.blackberrycreek.typepad.com/







3 comments:

  1. Sorry you had a rough week, but your quilt and shams turned out great!! And I love your blocks.... Whoop whoop!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pillow shams,what a great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your Trip Around the World and that it will look lovely in more than one part of George and Linda's home!

    Those are two wonderful pillow shams, too.

    Applause, applause for your accomplishments!

    I hope this week is much better in every way. We have DH's aging parents next door and his 87 year old father is a trial - and always has been. Sigh! My dear MIL is an angel, is making her 2nd large quilt, and is a joy - and always has been.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete