Pages

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Stevie's Buddies are #1 !!

Stevie had about 38 walkers on his team Saturday for the Down Syndrome Buddy Walk in Nashville, TN. He won 1st place for the most donations, we raised $8,805.00. Way to go "Buddies" we couldn't have done it without our family and friends. The Walk is growing larger every year. Six years ago, when we first participated, there might have been 200 walkers. This weekend we had about 2,000. Oh and by the way that's SpongeBob on his cheek not dirt. We had a lot of fun. I provided a taco dinner for all of Stevie's walkers. The Assoc provided entertainment by the Wannabeatles and they were very good, played all of the Beatles songs....maybe I'm telling my age, but they do have a good show if you ever get the chance to see them. The weather was wonderful, a nice breeze, not too hot, not too cold. Last year we all had to wear coats it was so cold. I am so very proud Stevie. He has touch and changed my life (for the better) more than I can explain. When I think of Stevie I instantly smile. He doesn't like to be treated like a baby, he thinks he can do just about anything.

Oh, almost forgot to mention, he won 3rd place in bowling at the Special Olympics today in our area. Way to go Stevie!!!
Tomorrow I will take a picture of the Halloween bags I made for his class at school and the quilt I have pin basted for my nephew's new baby, due any day now. Poor mom she has been having false labor pains for days now.
Enjoy our Buddywalk pictures.










He received his medal when he crossed the finish line.

No comments:

Post a Comment