Pages

Monday, June 18, 2012

My first

I've been working on Natalie's scrap quilt (must come up with a better name).
Since this is a bonus quilt and no one knows I'm making
another quilt for the new baby
I decided to play a little.
If it didn't work out I could ditch the quilt and no
one would be the wiser.

I'm not finished with it but I
have to share with someone.

My first feathers on a quilt !!

I have been drawing and drawing
and finally decided to go for it.

I am so excited.


Are they show quality? No.
Is every one perfect? No
But I don't think they're bad for the first time.


I'm trying to decide whether or not to do a little
micro strippling around the outside.  There's not a lot of room
so I don't know if it would add anything.


One more so you can see the borders.
Beading in the white narrow border
and freehand feathers on the outer border.
I pieced together the Hobbs wool batting I had left
from Stevie's teachers quilt and added a layer of Warm
and Natural.  Love the effect.

Hopefully, I made pictures of the "good" feathers.

So exciting.
  Thanks for visiting and letting me share.
DH doesn't quite get it.
Sister doesn't know what a quilted feather is.
So glad I can share with blog friends.



Sorry, just one more


Can't wait until I finish.

4 comments:

  1. They're gorgeous, Diane! I can only hope mine look as good when I finally take the plunge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quilting!!! Good for you for trying feathers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those feathers are beautiful!! That can't really be your first attempt! I have been drawing some but I'm not brave enough to try them yet. Good for you on giving it a shot -- they came out great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, you are definitely making some beautiful feathers! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete