Pages

Sunday, April 6, 2014

Finally some quilting

Well, like the title finally some quilting.
 
I work for a small company, about 50
 employees. Out of 50 employees,
8 are expecting babies, well either expecting
or 1st time grandparents. 
Now at my real job I am an accountant,
so that is 16 percent. 
Not only that, but we will have little babies
from April til July.
This is the first of many baby quilts.
 
 
Quilt pattern is "Remember whooo loves you"
Fabric is Pure from Sweetwater several years ago.
I just had to add the baby's name.
I quilted it with a large stipple, so it would be soft.
Lite custom quilting on the owl and tree limb.
 
 
Cute, right?
The baby shower was today and the proud parents loved it.
 
 
Here's a peek at the next one.
Not quilted yet, but at least it's pieced.
 
 
I couldn't find a pattern I liked of a monkey, so I went to clip art and coloring pages on the net.
Found one I liked, had it enlarged, then he looked "lost".  So went back and found a
tree.  Same thing had it enlarged and it looked so much better. 
And of course, every baby quilt has to have the name on it. 
I plan to custom quilt the monkey and tree (lightly) and probably stipple the rest.
Piano key the border using the fabric as a guide.
 
 
Another cute one, if I say so myself,
but then all baby quilts are cute.
 
I have finished piecing 3 out of four of the Fowler memory quilts (my deceased boss).
I do not have pictures of all 3, but I do have this picture of one before it was finished.
 
 
I'll have to check on the name of the pattern but I do know it's by Primitive Gatherings.
Every one of them are different but all are made out of his shirts.
I must admit these have been hard to make.  I remember every shirt. 
 See that yellow shirt in the big star? 
 He loved that shirt and I didn't know until I cut into it
but it had a couple of tears on it and his wife would mend it so he could continue wearing it.
It was one of his favorites.
Anyway....
 I have to get back on Millie (longarm) and finish up all of these.
I'm not 100% yet, but life is good.
Thanks for sticking with me.
 
 


5 comments:

  1. what delightful quilts you have made for the babies and personalised too. The quilting looks so good on the first one The shirt one looks good too, can imagine sewing with worn fabric will not be easy. The family will be delighted to have these quilts when completed
    Amazing to have so many babies amongst so few staff, be careful where you sit!!
    The fat quarters I won in the draw have not arrived yet, do hope they have not gone missing in the post. Thought I sould mention it in case you wondered why I had not let you know they were here

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the owl quilt - I have quilted 2 or 3 of these so far!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What awesome memory quilt. I love the stars. I am sure these quilts will be treasured. I love the baby quilts. They are so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilts are so nice.....I love the monkey!!!!! The quilting you've done is so nice. Wow!!! You are really busy and will be more so!!!! Hugs..................

    ReplyDelete
  5. Diane, tried to access your email but when I click nothing happens. just to say thank you so much for the lovely fat quarters, green is my favourite colour followed by these tans/oranges. I am thrilled with these fabrics many many thanks

    ReplyDelete