Pages

Thursday, December 5, 2013

Details, details

I don't have anything new to show.
I have been working on Virginia's brother, Jimmy's
 quilt, similar to hers but
not quite.
Talking about Virginia's quilt,
 I have had quite a few questions about
her quilt.
 
Okay what's a post without pictures, right?
 
I was so excited to share pictures last week I forgot
to share the quilt details.
 
The quilt is 67X67.
I used 2 layers of batting, bottom layer is W&N 100 cotton,
top layer is a thin poly batting (don't remember the brand).
I usually use an 80/20 or wool (my favorite) on top.
I was trying to watch the cost, so I used the poly. 
 
 
Used Glide thread, I believe the color was linen.
Even thought the background was white I wanted to use an
off white thread.  Whenever I can I use pre-wound Glide bobbins.
 
 
 
The quilting shows nicely on the back also.
 
 
I was asked how the story or the meaning of the quilt
would be shared with Virginia and Jimmy.
This is the label that will be attached to the quilt back
 
 
 
Hopefully, I will be able to show Jimmy's quilt very soon.
 
 
Thank you for stopping by.
 
One more thing,
please say a little prayer for a friend
whose 4 day old son, didn't come home,
 but went to heaven instead. 
We never understand why, but
pray that they will find peace.
 
 

5 comments:

  1. Your feathers are perfect, I am in total feather envy over here!

    So sorry to hear about your friend, I will keep her in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. how sad for your friend to lose her baby, I will say a prayer for the family
    The quilt is delightful and full of wonderful memories, wonderful quilting wow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for sharing the details! I have one more question. I am curious. What is your reasoning for using two layers of batting? I have thought about doing the same thing, but I have gotten around to testing it out.You post is encouraging me to give it a try. Thanks so much.

    I am praying the God of ALL comfort to comfort the family in this difficult time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful quilting and the note is special. So sorry for your friends. Thoughts and prayers for all of the family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful!!! Prayers for your friends. Difficult at any time but especially at this time of year!

    ReplyDelete