Pages

Sunday, August 14, 2011

A date with my Man

Not a whole lot in the quilting department.
The first two weeks of the month are very busy for me at my day job, so quilting slows down.
Still trying to get the school routine down.
I did get my friend's ( her wedding gift) quilt on the frame and almost finished quilting it. 
Should finish it this week.


Saturday I had a date.
A date with this little guy.

We went to the Wilson Co Fair (best in Tennessee)
He insisted on wearing his SpongeBob shirt, must say it was easy to keep up with him.  I usually make him wear his DS BuddyWalk t-shirt (safety green really easy to find him).
The Shriners reserve the Fair on the first Saturday morning for disabled persons.  We had the park for 2 1/2 hours all to ourselves.  It allows the people who might not be able to attend because of their disablities to ride the rides and have fun.





It didn't matter to Stevie how high a ride went or how fast he wanted to ride all of them.  The ladies behind him befriended Stevie and rode many rides with him.  I think they enjoyed "helping".






That's my little guy on the big swings.(Notice Mama is on the ground taking pictures, lol)





See why Mama is on the ground, too high for me. He loved it.  I lost count of how many times he rode the swings, the bumper cars, the ferris wheel, kiddie rides, big people rides anything and everything.  SIX hours later we made our way to the car. (I must add it was 90 degrees and humid)  He was asleep before I drove out of the parking lot.
I promised we would go back next Saturday (the last day)





Hope he never asked to borrow my car.





1 comment:

  1. Looks like he had a ball! I think that's great that they give a day to those who may not be able to enjoy the activities otherwise.

    ReplyDelete