Pages

Monday, May 16, 2011

The Good Die Young

I am still around, still quilting and trying to stay caught up with everyday life.  I have made progress and will have pictures this week.

We received very tragic news on Friday afternoon.  The ones of you in the area have probably already heard about it on the news.  Trousdale County, in Tennessee,  lost three young boys in a horrible car accident.  The youngest of the three, 14 year old Jonathan Berry, brother works with me.  When Tyler, (the 14 year old's brother) came into my office Friday and said he had to leave early, I thought he was kidding around, you know Friday afternoon and all.  Then he broke down and told me his little brother had been killed and he needed to get home.  The President of our company drove him home.  We are a small company, more like family, and the community is small, I think the school has about 400 students.  The loss of 3 young boys has been devasting.  The other two boys were 16 years old.  The boys were traveling on a 2 lane, winding, curvy, hilly road when they crossed over the yellow line on one of the curves and hit a tractor trailer head on.  Even though I am not part of the family, this was weighed heavy on me this weekend.  It has occupied me thoughts and ability to function.  Even though I had time to sew this weekend, I just couldn't.  I wanted to do something for Tyler to ease some of his pain but I couldn't come up with anything.  I had thought about making him a quilt, but I didn't know if he would find that odd and stupid.  (Tyler is only 23)  I haven't really come up with anything.

Please pray for these families, that God will help they find peace.

I'll return this week in a lighter mood and share some things that I have been working on.

No comments:

Post a Comment