Pages

Friday, May 27, 2011

Friday update

Wow what a fast week!! 
I had a small amount of time to spend quilting this week.
I made progress on my H2H quilt.
I think I failed to mention my H2H partner is Pam Nagle.
Here's a look at it
I really like the way it is turning out.
I plan to get all of my yard work and housework finished Saturday and Sunday afternoon so that
I can sew all day on Monday.  I would like to finish the flimsy and have it
ready to quilt next week. 

Hopefully, when I finish I can take a picture outside.  The colors are
beautiful.

I also want to share a quilt that I made my son several years ago.

A lot of small pieces but it is still one of my favorites.
I believe the pattern is Young Man's Fancy.
(There is a pattern that is very similar but the corners are a
little different.)  If you click on the picture you might be able to see
the tiny pattern on the fabric.  I've made several quilts using this pattern 
through the years.  There is actually one on my UFO list.  All it needs is quilting 
on two borders and binding.  Maybe someday soon.

Thanks for visiting. 
Remember our military, past and present, on Monday.  

6 comments:

  1. Lovely colors on the H2H quilt. The young man's fancy quilt is amazing. Is that black and white?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way the H2H quilt is coming along. It is very festive. The black and white is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the H2H quilt! And the black and white is stunning! I can see why that is one of your favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoop whoop!! You were a busy girl!! Your H2H quilt is coming along nicely, can't wait to see the finished product. if you want, we can mail ours together - it looks like they might be done about the same time! And I love your black and white quilt....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the florals on your first quilt! The second quilt is so dramatic with the two color scheme. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the quilts you have here and the H2H quilt. The black and white is striking. What is that pattern?

    ReplyDelete