Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Boy, Am I Behind !!!

Wow, it's been a while.
Longer than I thought.
My plate has been full and I have been slowly getting everything done. I had to buy a new car,  (remember the problems in Lowes parking lot,  well that was just the beginning) which took days, Stevie started baseball, a man at work father passed away, etc, one thing after another.

Every time I think my sod will be delivered it rains again. I have been able to plant some more flowers and shrubs and everything is looking so nice. (probably not going to be able to say that in Aug) Like I said in a previous post, I love a yard that looks like it should be in a magazine, but I have a hard time maintaining.

We had terrible storms come through Monday afternoon. The wind blew over a BIG walnut tree in our backyard and took out part of a Bradford pear tree in my parents front yard. Guess what I'll be doing this weekend. I don't mind a mite saw, skill saw or jig saw or air tools but I really hate to work with a chain saw. I don't like the sound but looks like I will have to find me some ear plugs because that big ol tree has to be cut up.

I have been tired but I have been able to do a little sewing. Not a whole lot,(I will have pictures this Friday for my UFO and Whoop Whoop posting) Should be able to finish quilting my friends retirement quilt this week and I have made some progress on my t-shirt quilt.

You need to visit she is having her first ever giveaway and it's a good one. Leave a comment for a chance to win and let her know you found out here.

Jaybird is also having a great giveaway, check it out

That's it for today. Will be back with eye candy the end of the week. Check out Sarah blog (yeah, learned how to link up) and see the flimsy I finished for the quilt ministry.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear about your tree but I have some help for you! (And the quilt turned out beautifully - the kids are going to pray over it tonight before they give it to him...)