Pages

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Surprise delay

The surprise I was soooo excited about has been delayed, will be a day late. We had snow in our area (again!) and things in the south do not go according to plan when it snows. I think everything shuts down except hospitals, police, tow trucks and the place where I work. So bear with me and I will have something to show tomorrow.

In the mean time, tell me what is your favorite number? There is reason for my asking.





I had a few comments on the quilt in my header. I made this quilt for my niece's graduation from law school about 5 years ago. The little munchin is my son Stevie, who is now 8. The same niece had a baby girl this past August and when I went to see her I was very surprised to see the quilt on her couch and they use it all the time.








Because I am at work and limited to the pictures that I can use, I thought you like a non-quilting picture. This is Stevie in 2005, he is about 3 years old. He found his grandfathers grass mowing hat and insisted on wearing it. In fact he wore it most of that summer and into the fall until he walked on it, smashed it, sat on it, threw it, etc until the straw unraveled and the hat band was gone. Then he got his daddy's hat,a big black cowboy hat.

He loved his hats. Love him to death, can't imagine life without him.
Please excuse the messy dinner table, my mother couldn't resist taking this picture as they were eating dinner. She thought he was cute eating his boiled corn with that hat on. I am telling you he wore the thing all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment