Pages

Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Almost slipped up

I almost slipped up this week posting to my blog,
So here we go.
Lets look at another quilt made by my friend Paige.
Paige loves Southern Bell quilts. 
She designs them herself.  At this time she does not
offer patterns for sell, but 
she is working on that.
Here is the before picture, when I was coming up
with a quilting plan.

  I thought the ribbon looked like an arch or harbor
surrounding her.  


I wanted to add a little detail to the applique, but without over doing it.


The dress was the hardest part to come up with a 
quilting plan, but when in doubt quilt feathers.


She requested her name on this one. 
Right above the bow was the perfect place.


Lots and lots of background fills.  Giving a lot of texture.


Feathers all the way around the Southern Bell to "frame" her.


The corners had a large open space, so what do you do?
More feathers of course.
Plus I thought this would look pretty when she 
has it on her bed.

Just a few more, because I think she turned out so pretty.


I wanted the feathers hanging down on the top of the quilt,
like Spanish Moss hanging on the trees in Savannah.

Hope you enjoyed my little Southern Bell.
Paige loved her.

Remember I am quilting full time now 
and all of my quilting is freehand.
If you have a quilt top you need finished
Just let me know.
I also quilt pantos.
Have a great rest of the evening.

6 comments:

  1. I always enjoy your work. It's amazing how quilting adds to a design.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Sally, the quilting can really add to a quilt's beauty.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful ! Just Gorgeous ! The applique and the quilting !
    Pam, Michigan

    ReplyDelete
  3. many thanks to the author who has made the article interesting and very useful..

    ReplyDelete