Pages

Monday, July 16, 2018

MQX MidWest coming up fast

Stevie and I went on a short vacation last week to visit
my sister.  Didn't do a lot, but was good to visit with her.  She moved
from Tennessee 40 years ago but I still miss her like it was yesterday.

Now I have to get to work.

Now on to things more important....
I am starting to prepare for my classes at
MQX quilt show which is in Sept at the Crown Plaza
in Springfield, IL.  
www.mqxshow.com/MQX/Midwest/Classes/MidwestFaculty/DianeWingo

One that I am excited about (well I'm excited about all of them) 
is my hands on longarm class
"Writing on the Wall"
We are going to make a small wall hanging, similar to this



learning how to mark and work with stencils and templates.
Some ruler work, (a ruler is not required to take the class) 
I will share my rulers for those that do not have one.
We are going to work on some grid work and background fill,
and FEATHERS.  
Don't know how to quilt these things?
Well that's what the class is for.
I will show you how to quilt all of this.
You can use one or more of these techniques on 
every quilt you make.
Don't have a longarm?
That's okay you can do the same thing by hand 
or on your domestic machine.

Please share with your blog friends, Facebook pals,
Twitter whatever you is your communication source.

Hope to see you there!

P.S. There are several nice hotel within walking distance to 
the Crown Plaza
that are less expensive and just as nice.  
Don't let that to keep you from coming.

2 comments:

  1. wish that I could attend your class, but the timing is not good for me this time, Maybe you will be able to offer an online class soon. Do you have class handouts that could be purchased? I have a quilt that needs words to be quilted in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work. Thank you for sharing your great work with us.

    Interior Designers in Delhi

    ReplyDelete