Pages

Thursday, September 17, 2015

Wallhanging finished

Almost forgot to post pictures of Barbara's
wall hanging.
 
 
She made this for her daughter and it goes with
the big green star quilt.
 
.
 
Her daughter picked out the border fabric and
Barbara picked out all of the other fabrics.
 
 
Glide thread in Prickle Pear.
 
 
Two layers of Hobbs 80/20.
 
I wasn't going to do a lot of heavy quilting since this is a wall hanging,
but look...
before background fill
 
 
I took this off the frame, but didn't really like that puffy
hourglass shape.
Soooo...I put it back on the frame and look at the difference a
little background fill makes, not micro, but just a little
 
 
Much better, see the difference.
 
 
All freehand on my Millie.
 
Have a good weekend, I'll be headed to AQS in Chattanooga.


6 comments:

  1. It's glorious, Diane! And I so enjoyed meeting Barbara the other day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous. What awesome quilting and I agree Diane- the hourglass puff was a bit of a focus and the backfill toned it right down. Wonderful finish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As always, your quilting is gorgeous - definitely like the fill better. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely job! That background fill does make a world of a difference. Good thinking!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks very cool. I love the fabrics s pattern very much. And the colors look very pleasant.

    ReplyDelete
  6. very beautiful and so lovely work :) i like your good idea ,Thanks for the inspiration!

    หนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete