Pages

Thursday, April 16, 2015

Barbara's finished quilt

Barbara picked her quilt up today at
my favorite LQS, The Quilter's Path, 
so time to share some pictures.
 
 
 
Barbara's piecing is fantastic.
 
 
 I bought a set of Linda Hrcka's http://www.thequiltedpineapple.com/
curved rulers and used every one of them on this quilt.
 
 
Barbara fussy cut the center of her stars and borders, so I didn't want to cover up or take away from that.
See the center of the stars, I tried to duplicate that
motif in the quilting.
 
Barbara's daughter picked out the star and border
fabric and Barbara did a great job picking out the other fabrics.
 
 
 
Double batt, 100% cotton and 80/20 Hobbs.
Glide thread in Pickled Pear, light blue in borders.
All quilting is freehand and ruler work.
 
 
I'm trying to remember to take a before and after picture.
Soooo this is before....
 
 
this is after
 
Cool, right?
Thanks for stopping by and letting me share.
Who's going to Paducah???
Will be there on Wednesday. 
Anyone need pictures taken?
 


14 comments:

  1. I am wowed again! I love your style of quilting. Thanks for sharing a picture of the before. You are an artist at figuring out the quilting designs. I would have been stumped at where to start. The quilting really makes the quilt come alive with personality.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful quilt and wonderful quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love how you quilted this!!!! You are fantastic! I will be in Paducah Wednesday and Thursday. One of the lucky ones to take one of Judy Madsen's classes! Good morning from McKenzie, TN

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another piece of ART! Beautiful. Not able to make Paducah--have a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just gorgeous quilting! I have those curved rulers, too, and used them just this week. Very handy! Actually, your quilting is beyond gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing quilting, as always, Diane! I won't be at Paducah until Friday - who are you taking classes with this year?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning work by both of you ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Oh wow! Your work is just stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow!! Stunning quilt! Absolutely gorgeous quilting! You are an incredible quilter!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely amazing. You are such an artist with your machine.

    ReplyDelete