Tuesday, March 17, 2015

A little help

I need a little help.
Looking for one of those
telescoping frames to hang quilts on when taking pictures.
Do you know what I'm talking about?
Looks like a camera tripod, only taller.
It has one on each side and a pole across the top to
hang the quilt on.
Clear as mud?
Well, if you know what I talking about and know where to
buy one please let me know.
Or if you know how to build one that will not take up
a lot of space, one that can be taken down and stored in a little bitty
space.  I've thought about PVC pipe and connector but don't know if that
would be too much trouble setting up and taking down.
Just came up with an idea. but still want to hear from you.


  1. here you go, darlin'.....

  2. google backdrop background photography stands....I have one and used it so many times....cost I around $100

  3. I have a Savage Port-a-stand. Sounds like exactly what you're looking for. Around $100.

  4. I don't where to find them in the US, but it sounds like a clothes rail to me.
    Something like this:
    It's adjustable, although it may not be sturdy enough to hold the weight of a quilt, but they do have heavy duty ones. A clothes rail also seems like it would be a great deal less expensive too.
    jen dot barnard at btinternet dot com


    This is where I purchased mine.

  6. OK This is too weird. Just received mine 2 days ago! While at QuiltCon Meg Cox mentioned this. Less than half for one listed as a Quilt Stand. I just took phots the other day--It is perfect!

  7. You'll find them at photography sites used for photo backdrops. B&H Photography, Adorama for two examples. I think I bought mine from B&H. The one above says it's aluminum and I'm wondering if it's sturdy enough to hold quilts. Mine is made of steel.

  8. Craft I've had one for a couple of years and really like it. Comes with case.

  9. I got mine off ebay. It is made for backdrops for photography.

  10. It's called a photo backdrop!!