Pages

Sunday, November 2, 2014

The BIG one finished

This one has been on the frame so long
I thought maybe it had grown
attached to my frame.
 
It is so big, 105X105, that I could not find
anywhere to take a picture of the whole quilt.
 
 
 
This was as close as I could get, hanging it
on my railing, but still can't see 2 row.
 
 
Even too large for my queen size bed.
 
 
 
This quilt is made in memory of my boss,
Charlie,  Large Charles as some called him.
He was a large man and his heart was as just as large.
He played college football and several years for the Miami
Dolphins.  He was funny, miss his stories, miss his laugh.
Every time I had a problem with this quilt, I would laugh and say
"Charlie that not funny, stop now and let me finish
 this for Anne P".  At first, this quilt and the quilts for his
children was very hard to work on.  I cried and cried the first couple of shirts I cut up.
 
 
 The blades and corner stones are made from his shirts.
 
 
I used So Fine thread, two layers of batting,  cotton on the bottom and wool on top.
I wish I could have taken better picture because
 it is a beautiful quilt if I say so myself.
A quilt for one of his sons goes on the frame next.
 
Thanks for visiting, have a good week.
 


7 comments:

  1. Stunning quilting, what a lovely way to commemorate a well loved gentleman

    ReplyDelete
  2. the first picture is so simple, but after quilting what it was beautiful
    You have a beautiful quilt turned

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just amazes me how a wonderful quilt is amazing after the quilting!!! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's beautiful, Diane, as always! You've really outdone yourself with this one...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Spectacular! Nothing else describes it better! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely stunning! I admire your quilting every time, you have such a special style, but this one is.... just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It truly is fabulous and I'm sure it will be cherished.

    ReplyDelete