Pages

Thursday, December 31, 2015

No, I have not dropped off the face of the earth,
I have been quilting so much I have not had time to post anything.
Let me try and fill you in on what has been happening.
 
First I made a Royal Crown quilt for Chastity.
What is this? Well the quilt blocks are made from Crown Royal bags,
 the pattern name is My Favorite Bag.  Chastity ordered all of the fabrics
and I pieced the top and then quilted it with a panto.
Sorry I don't remember the name of the panto and too lazy right now to go upstairs.
 
 
I love how it finished. Fun quilt to make.
 
 
I also finished a wedding quilt104X104 for a wedding than never happened.
The squares were made by the young man's (groom not to be) great grandmother.
His mother asked me to make a quilt from the blocks she found when her grandmother passed away
as his wedding gift.  The wedding was called off but she plans to gift it to him for his birthday.
 
 
I don't know the name of the block, but they are hand sewn from clothing.
 
 
The blocks and sashing are quilted E2E freehand and
feathers in the borders, no background fill since I working on her budget.
 
 
A customer contacted me to make 6 memory quilts. 
 A friend pieced the tops and I quilted them.
Finished 5 of them for her children and will finish one for her this weekend.
 
 
 
 
 
Made 4 memory quilts for my aunt to gift to her children for Christmas.
Will have pictures of them next post.
 
My had a doily my grandmother made, I guessed in the 1930"s,
but some one else aged it to be about 100 years old.
I quilted it and gifted it to my sister for Christmas.
 
 
She loved it and will have it framed.  The doily was 25" round.
 
 
 
 
Also quilted a Christmas quilt for a friend, forgot to take a picture.
Finally sewed the binding on this memory quilt, finished a while back.
 
 
Whew this is an extra long post.  There is more,
 but I will post the rest later.
Need to quilt a couple of quilts this weekend.
Thanks for visiting and hopefully I won't be away so long next time.
Happy New Year to you!!!


7 comments:

  1. You have been so busy! Your quilting is beautiful! You finished those quilts just perfectly! Thank you for sharing. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good golly Ollie, you've been so busy! Lots of lovely quilting going on at your place! Keep up the good work!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you have been creative Not surpriSed yOu had no tIme to blog. I am lazy on my blog too have nOt updated since september

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back! I missed seeing your beautiful work! You have been very busy! I hope that you had a wonderful holiday and that 2016 is a great year for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful workmanship!!! Beautiful quilts!! Wishing you and your family a wonderful 2016!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your blog,I sincerely hope that your blog a rapid increase in
    traffic density,which help promote your blog and we hope that your blog is being updated.
    หนังดราม่า

    ReplyDelete