Pages

Sunday, July 19, 2015

Quilted to Death


Without further ado....
"From This Day Forward"


(Don't look at the crappy background.)

Wedding quilt for a friend's daughter.

The pattern is on Moda Bakeshop by Karen Miller,
"Chevron With A Twist"
http://www.modabakeshop.com/2015/02/chevron-with-a-twist-quilt.html#more-28277
I did change Karen's applique to a house.


Lots of feathers, well...
cause I like feathers.

Two layers of batting, Hobbs80/20 on the bottom,
Tuscany wool on top.  SoFine #402 and Glide leather thread.





Karen's pattern is easy to follow,
very well written
and is quick to put together.

Karen also included several different layouts.









Just love this one. 
 Thanks Karen for a great pattern.
Have a good week.

Diane









13 comments:

  1. what a wonderful wedding present, one delighted bride you are going to have

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow!!!!! you did a fantastic job on it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh Diane -- I could not be more honored that you took the Chevron with A Twist pattern and turned it into a Wedding Gift Heirloom. I love the house applique - but more importantly - THAT QUILTING - is amazing!! The names, date, feathers - oh My! Thank you for sharing such a beautiful alternative to the applique and quilting of Chevron with a Twist.... http://www.modabakeshop.com/2015/02/chevron-with-a-twist-quilt.html Also, thank you for sharing it with me on Facebook. Hugs - Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. diane this is gorgeous!!!! Amazing quilting! I am working on my son's wedding quilt and will be including their names and date in the quilting, wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely beautiful; I love the feathers too.
    Is Glide Leather thread the color?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Diane! This is so, sooo very beautiful!!! I'm working on my daughter's wedding quilt - still finishing the last of the hand applique, but I dream of getting half of such a nice quilting done up on it. :D This is so inspirational. Congratulations to the new couple!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's gorgeous! I'm sure it will be very well loved.

    ReplyDelete
  8. "Brittnay" is an unusual name...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Diane-this is so beautiful! the quilting really makes it. What a special gift!

    sarah w

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely stunning!!! Beautiful workmanship!!!

    ReplyDelete