Pages

Friday, August 23, 2013

quilting along

 
Finished up remodeling my sons new shop.
Drywall hung, trim installed, everything painted, dusted and tidy.
Sounds pretty simple but took the two of us FOREVER.
Final inspections passed.
Equipment moved in, smiles on every face,
especially mine. 
 I get to quilt again.
 
This is what I've been working on
 
Working on finishing up a few commission quilts from last Christmas.
Yes, you read that right, last Christmas.
Life has not been simple this year, illness, injuries, work, deaths, remodeling, you name it,
 it's happened
 
Trying to get back into the swing of things.
 
 
Only had about an hour at night to work on it.
 
 
You may remember these memory quilts from Christmas.
 
I have 10 more memory quilts in line after these. 
 
Saturday I have a road trip...I have to deliver my HQ16 to it's new owner.
After that I think I can concentrate on quilting.
 
 
Warm & Natural batting, Glide thread (love this thread), panto in the center, can't recall the name right now, and custom in the borders.  I have one corner to finish and then to the next one.
 
Have a nice weekend.
Linking up with Sarah http://confessionsofafabricaddict.blogspot.com/ and
Amanda Jean at http://crazymomquilts.blogspot.com

5 comments:

  1. That FMQ is just amazing! I love how the letters just jump out at you!
    Esther
    esthersipatchandquilt at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely quilting! I love the blog header too! I love feathers.. have recently blogposted on the feather quilting I made too. Found you through crazymom quilt..

    Amira @ http://littlemushroomcap.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilting looks great! This is my first time here...is it made from someone's old clothing? The sneak peek of the design looks really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've just visited you for the first time, ...... love your work!!!! How do you get the letters on your quilts? Do you use stencils, photocopy then trace on to freezer paper? I'll certainly be returning to see what you get up to!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete